Friday 6 January 2012

Jan1/2012 Happy New Year

Sunrise Jan1/2012 Place Ocotillo Desert, Southern California. Awe inspiring. Beautiful. Incredible. I felt I was in a dream. All to soon I had to pack up and continue my adventure.

What a beautiful campout with beautiful people and now on to Borrego Springs to Turk's New Year's Day Party. The following is Burt from Ontario, California throwing out my air mattress which never held air after me lugging it all the way from Calgary.


Turk lives at the Road Runner Golf Course in beautiful Borrego Springs and every year has this party for the San Diego BMW people. There must have been 45 bikes drove in. The following are pictures of Turk and some of the attendees.







Okay after filling my face once again I headed out for Palm Springs. I was amazed at the campers and motorhomes scattered throughout the desert in circles of 8-10 and everyone with dirt bikes, ATV'S or Dune buggies. I mean there were literally hundreds of these units from Borrego Springs to the Salton Sea. Anyway I arrived in Palm Springs without incident and went to Ken and Karen's We had dinner and I crawled into a BED for the first time in days. The next day Karen and I went up the Palm Springs Tram and I think I will save that for the next Blog tomorrow. Right now I am badly in need of some sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment