Wednesday 27 July 2011

BMW Rally Republic, Washington

I arrived Friday and got my tent situated before dinner. Unfortunately dinner was very disorganized and we waited in line for an hour and the meal was A piece of BBQ chicken, Reesers potato salad and beans. It was  sufficient and I felt sorry for the caterers as they seemed so unprepared. They had a live band on Sat night but many just sat in their little groups and visited. Turk..my friend from Borrego Springs was camped next to me and Bob Bivalet from Orcas Island was there. As well as Duncan from Salmon Arm. Doug and Marlene Nault who used to live in Calgary and now hale from Crawford Bay were there also. El and her husband who were at the Lunatic Fringe Rally from Colorado were also there. What a diverse bunch and what an interesting time. When you arrive you have to sign up if you think you are eligible for any awards.


I did not So happily a woman 3 years younger than I won Oldest female to ride her bike to the rally. For some reason it is not an award I want to win. Instead I won the 50/50 for 180.00. Much nicer. The next day I packed up reluctantly to head home and decided to treat myself to a motel in Libby, Montana. A wonderful couple from Georgia pulled in next to me and we had dinner and shared stories of our journies. They were coming from the CMA International rally in Moses Lake. That it truly what this motorcycling journey is all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment