Monday 11 January 2016

Three Flags Classic and Empress Hotel

While on the island I knew Turk from Borrego Springs was also there at Cobble Hill. So I rode north to Mill Bay and met him for lunch. While there this fellow rode in on a bike just like mine. Turk then took me over to this great Bistro and we had this great clam chowder.
Kayakers being instructed by the bistro
Look Ma real clams. It was delicious.
This is my great niece Stephanie and her daughter Rae. What a sweetheart.
That evening I went over to my other great niece's. She has a beautiful home in Saanich. I met her husband and it seems he had just bought a new motorcycle. A BMW R1200GS. I told here he was a keeper. They were having a pig roast as a retirement for one of the air traffic controllers and there were quite a few there from Vancouver as well as Victoria.
 
Clematis
There is the pig
Nephew Cal, Ursula and Amber in the middle.
Beautiful open space design.
 
Ok the next morning I rode to the Empress. Found everyone and helped set up. Not too many people today as they are not scheduled to come in til tomorrow.
Tall ships in the harbour across the road.
This is our crew and set up. See how busy we all are....
From across the lobby.
Another view of the harbour. The water taxis were doing their ballet.
The Empress
This is the bathroom along with a fireplace. I told the manager my name was Margaret Rose like the princess so they had to treat me with deference. So he let me park in staff parking for the 4 days. Parking in downtown Victoria is prohibitive.
Dinner in the Bengal Room at the Empress with Jimmy and Dee Dee and Mark. Mark graciously paid for everything. His bill was close to $500.00. I did not have any drinks and my salmon salad cost $26.00. It was delicious but the cost of things there were ridiculous.
This is Mark. He is from Texas. Jimmy and DeeDee are from Ridgecrest California where I am right now. Quite the International group.
Another shot of one of the water taxis. The last evening we had the final banquet at the Crystal Ballroom across the street. The food was phenominal. The speeches and improv not so much.
The next morning it was off to Sydney harbour to catch the ferry to Anacortes.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment