Sunday 10 January 2016

Calgary to Vancouver Island

Well a few people are emailing me and saying I have not posted anything since October and What am I doing and where am I? So I thought I would take a few moments and try to catch up. I am currently on another adventure and am in Ridgecrest California going geocaching today. Well early Sept I left on the F650GS headed for the Empress hotel. The 3 Flags Classic would be coming in on the Labor Day weekend and I had volunteered to help at the finish in the majestic Empress Hotel. I stopped at Duncan and Vickies in Salmon Arm and they graciously took me in and gave me a bed for the night and fed me this wonderful fish pie and mushy peas an English dish made from scratch. Delicious. I left the next morning and arrived in Victoria that night. I traveled up to Langford and stayed with my nephew Cal.
Leaving the ferry dock
On the way
The next day we went to Cal's work and he took myself, Ursala and great, great niece Rae and I on a flight in a Cessna over part of the island. Absolutely delightful.
This is the plane we flew in.
Statues in the office where Cal worked.
 
A Huey helicopter on the runway.
The next day we went to Sydney harbor and what a lovely place this was.
I sat on a bench and enjoyed the lovely sunshine and all the people walking while Ursula and Rae went to the museum.
 
 
The next day I was heading to the Empress to greet the first of the arrivers on the 3 Flags.
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment