Sunday 13 January 2013

Sierra Nevada's back to Palm Springs

The next morning after the coyotes came to visit the campsite we got up and 5 of us with Don in the lead. Along with Spike. Ray, myself and Bob bringing up the rear head out to Panamint Spring and Stovepipe Wells. I had wanted to go to Darwin Falls but after one look at the "road" decided to go on with the boys to Lone Pine for lunch. What a glorious ride. And the beauty of the little town at the base of the snow covered Sierra Nevada's was worth every moment.
 
 
We ate a a little restaurant called the Alabama Hills It was positively excellent. And I bought a loaf of tomato, basil cheese bread to share with the biker's stew back at the campground that night.
Tha's Bob in the foreground.
This is the little service station and store at Stovepipe Wells.
 
At the service station in Lone Pine
 
On the way over to Lone Pine we stopped at this overlook.
It was so very cold but extremely beautiful and I was so delighted to see the Joshua Trees at the higher elevation.
 

Back at the campsite we enjoyed our biker stew and it was delicious. Jim made 4 different cobblers. I only had a little of the cherry one and it was delicious. That evening we were treated to a lovely sunset and the next morning we arose to a glorious double rainbow over Death Valley.

 
 
I then packed up and headed back to Stovepipe Wells because I wanted to buy a T shirt and then I went to Beatty Nevada and there was snow on the ground so I had a hot coffee and breakfast and headed eas with the thought of going to Red Canyon but with the wind and cold decided to head south so went through Pahrump Nevada and back to Baker and finally ended up staying in Barstow California that night. This was outside my door after I checked in and the next morning my bike was white with frost.
 
 
I took the next picture in Riverside across the road from the motel.
After cleaning off the frost I had breakfast and then headed south through Baker and then San Bernadino and into Riverside. I stayed at the Motel 6 there as I had an appointment for tires at Riverside BMW the next morning and it worked out very well.
 



s

No comments:

Post a Comment