Friday 25 January 2013

Quartzite

Quartzite...What can I say? Trish's plan was to go to Celia's Rainbow garden and then to a Paul Winer concert. Okay!!Celia was Paul and Joanne's daughter who died of a viral heart infection when she was only 8 years old. Her love of nature and beauty inspired her parents to donate the land where a beautiful memorial has been constructed and many others had had their loved ones memorials in this beautiful place.

 
Following I will just add the pictures of a few of the other memorials
 
 
 
 
 

 
 


 
 
 
Whore house
The interesting part for me is that Paul Winer's wife Joanne comes from St Thomas Ontario Canada.
I did not get a chance to meet her and would have loved to as she may have known my family.
Anyway we then went to the Paul Winer concert. He is a great piano player and a nudist. However he did wear clothes for his concert because it was cold and there was a few young people there however if you go to the Oasis Book Store be prepared because this is his domain. I had no idea this character even existed but it was interesting. The town was going to pass an ordinance to make him wear clothes but when they realized his contribution to the town decided not to. He joked that his 94 year old parents who have been married 74 years probably wondered why they put out 30,000 dollars for his education to become a nude piano player. We returned to the BLM land where the motorhome was . This is the sunset that night.
I had no idea that so many people lived in their motorhomes and campers and trailers on these places in the desert. It is free for 14 days and then you have to move on. There were thousands.
The next day after another very cold night I went to Quartzite again..to the bookstore!!!How often do I get to see a sight like that? Then I went over and met my friend Phil from BMW. He gave me his phone number at Agua Caliente. I bet he'll never do that again. We rode down to find Paul but he was not around so I tagged along while he registered at the HAM radio event.
 
 
 
 
 
 I got back in time for the Boondockers happy hour and met many of Trish's friends. Once the sun went down though it cooled right o and everyone turned in.
The next morning before I left Trish took me east in the desert towards a little town of Bouse where general Patton trained his troops and out in the middle of nowhere are thes large letters made out of rock which say Quartzite and an arrow pointing to the town and then another group pointing to North.
 
 
 
Next is a Palo Verde tree
 
 
Then Trish took me to another phenomen in the same area of this desert and it is an Intaglio . An earth drawing by the ancient indians. This one is called the Bouse Fisherman and would probably be seen better if you were above it. 
 
 
 
Back to the motorhome and I packed up for my trip back to Palm Springs. I had to head home on Friday. The next day the weather warmed up but I got the bike put away in the carport and my packing done in preparation for my flight home. Everyone in California and Arizona are happy because since I left temparatures have risen and are more like they are supposed to be. In closing I have to include a picture of my 3 housemates. Ken and Karen's 3 dogs  .

B, Quiz and Dune
 

B is kind of my favorite. She truly lives up to her name..She is Bad, a Brat, and a Bitch but so inquisitive and friendly. Thank you to everyone who made my trip memorable.
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment