Tuesday 10 September 2013

Ignace,Ont to Moose Jaw, Sask

I forgot to mention that when I was in Marathon I called someone out of the MOA book. Pretty much just to say hello. Unfortunately they were heading out to their cottage as soon as Marge got off work and then going on a 6 day trip through the States and southern Ontario. But shortly after I got a room at the Marathon Rick came over and offered to take me with them to the cottage. I went and visited for a bit and met this lovely couple but declined the trip as I felt I should head back to Alberta. Also when I left the lovely place at Ignace this is the sunrise over the lake.
I would loved to have tarried an extra day but as the saying goes. Make hay while the sun shines and I saw many farmers working hard to do just that as I headed back to Calgary.  I also noticed some of the fields were black with geese around Winnipeg. Some of the smart ones feeding in fields that had already been harvested before heading south. I called my friend Margie from the outskirts of Winnipeg and decided to push on. I got to Portage La Prairie and could not find any of the advertised motels and found I had to continue west through town, I had initially planned on staying at the Motel 6 in Headingley but they wanted 92.99. Way to much. The Super 8 in Portage La Prairie was 110.00. But I backtracked a bit to a small hotel across from Boston Pizza and it was 69.00. Small but clean and comfortable and certainly all I needed. The next morning a PT Cruiser drove in to talk to the owner and asked me if that was my bike. Turned out to be a member of the Retreads from Calgary. Dennis Allen. He knows Dick Summers very well. Anyway left there this AM Bike definitely not running as well as it was but attempting to keep it at a nice steady speed and it seems to be Okay. So I made it to Moose Jaw again and am at the Prairie Oasis motel right now. Just had a refreshing swim in their pool after going to dinner with a nice gentleman on a Gold Wing from Virden Manitoba. Soon I will turn in and see what tomorrow brings.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment