Tuesday 6 August 2013

Republic Washington and BMW Rally

Well once again I found myself in Republic and what a load of fun I had. It seems everyone went to Republic from Salem. Well not everyone but a good group of people I knew. I had been here before but found I had a lot more fun this time and the weather really cooperated. I got there Wednesday so that was pretty much a free day getting set up and saying hello to those I knew, Bruce, Turk, Ron Clark and new friends Bill Tonkin and Tom from Mexico. We walked up to the little café/service station on top of the hill and had dinner. Turk said it was 2 miles but closer to 1/4 mile only. I think he was prone to exaggeration.
Bruce
Turk and Joe
Yes Joe surprised us on Friday night and joined us all at the rally.
This is Tom from Mexico City
Ron Clark from PEI
I really missed my calling, while I was at this rally I volunteered to man the beer booth I worked 2 days from 2-10 and sold a lot of beer and told a lot of jokes. What fun. Brought to mind the joke Get off the table Mabel the monies for beer.
I got my usual ride on the merry go round on my favorite horse Rose.
 
 
 
This is such a beautiful reconditioned merry go round and every year I have been able to take a ride.
The second morning Thursday I went for a ride by myself and went to Tiffany's Resort on Curlew Lake just north of Republic. Dick and Gerry's niece and nephew own the resort. I had a little difficulty finding it but it is a beautiful place. Sometimes I wish I could take pictures and often miss the opportunity. While looking for the resort I went to the town of Curlew and had to cross an old wooden bridge with cross bars and then planks on either side. Fun. And then when I got back to Republic just inside the town there was a deer with velvet antlers and he was going to the old church. Guess he was going to pray there were no hunters around. Anyway here is the resort and Curlew Lake. Very pretty.
 
 
 
 
Back at the rally we had the Top Notes play. Unfortunately they did not have much of an audience as most people went to bed early anticipating a long ride home the next day.
My beer selling partner Rick.
Where the band was set up
 
Phil Funnell and his rat bike from Salem rally. He sleeps in the pod.
Joe's tent in front, mine and Tom's behind.
My friend Phyllis and I. She took most mature female to ride her bike to the rally and we were laughing about her at 61 being older than me......
Me emerging from my tent on Sunday morning.
Then Joe and I traveled together to Colville Washington and had breakfast at the Acorn Saloon and then went our separate ways. As it was after a stop for hamburger and fries at Moyie it was still 9:45 when I arrived home. My timing was good though because I hit highway 22 after the hail storm. The hills were white and it was very cold.
 
 
In the Moyie hotel.
Home once again.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment